W5500-EVB-Pico Not working with your example (ping)
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico Not working with your example (ping)
by Gruber ·
I tried with the old 1.5 firmware…
I downloaded the firmware here:
https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/releases/download/v1.0.5/rp2_w5100s_20220421_v1.0.5.uf2
Then I ran your example again for “pinging”:
Result:
The the “leds” are now OK on the physical ethernet port and I can also ping the address!
My conclusion is that your new firmware have problems with the socket/ethernet and your tester have missed the biggest feature for buying the “w5500-EVB-Pico”. I haven’t tested the c/c++ or circuit libraries.
Please fix this"
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico Not working with your example (ping)
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi~
Since I switched to the changed version in MicroPython, I couldn’t check the example.
Please use the additional command below.
If you want to use DHCP to assign an IP address, you need to enter the following command.
I have attached the code I used below.
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico Not working with your example (ping)
by Gruber ·
I used the firmware 2.0 again and this time the led is working when I added “nic.active(True)” and I’m using a static address (same as in firmware 1.5) but I can’t ping the IP-address…
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico Not working with your example (ping)
by Gruber ·
Sorry for not reading your example in the right order and thanks for the solution with firmware 2.0!
For other readers you have to activate the network interface before you set the DHCP or a static IP-address/subnet mask/gateway/DNS.
Example:
Tested ping example with a static IP: