MagJack selection wrong?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by Eugeny ·
Wiring seems to be in accordance to this. But IMHO would be more correct using 009 type of MagJack.
RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by ibuddy ·
Thanks. I agree, that the 009 parts are more similar-looking to the used jacks on the Wiznet boards, however, I do not understand the big difference.
Unfortunately, I would like to use PoE. Do you know a working Magjack connector for the 5500 with PoE? Do you know, from the electrically/digital point of view, what makes the difference in the coil positions inside the magjack?
Tomorrow I am going to try to connect a magjack from Wiznet board.
RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by ibuddy ·
I was able to verify, that the w5500 is operating when connecting the ethernet jack from a wiznet board. I will make a new board and would like to ask you, if these two jacks would work with POE:
WE 7499211125
Abracon ARJP11A

Thanks in advance.
RE: RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by Eugeny ·
I do not see the reason why not, but anyway advise you to perform prototyping before making the product.
RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by ibuddy ·
Thanks, I’ll test it.
RE: MagJack selection wrong?
by ibuddy ·
Just want to let all know, that my first MagJack selection was wrong.
I can verify, that the Wuerth connector is operating, at least I can get an IP from a DHCP server.
Thanks for your help!