External Magnetic Routing Review
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by jaden WIZnet ·
Hi!
Could you show me your whole schematic of W5500?
RE: RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by Vien Huy Nguyen ·
Hi Jaden,
Thank you for the reply. Here is the schematic
W5500.pdf (300.0 KB)
The screenshot is the part where four wires coming to the magnetic as shown in the pdf file.
The pinout of the connector is here:
RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by jaden WIZnet ·
Hi there!
I saw the schematic and have a few questions.
L1 (33uH) is a power inductor. I recommend using a bead to isolate 3V3D and 3V3A. Is there a reason why you used a power inductor?
And case of M12 connector, you can design with any connector, but we can only guarantee optimal performance when using RJ45 jacks and cannot provide technical support otherwise.
RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by jaden WIZnet ·
Also I recommend connecting the Link (pin 25) and ACT (pin 27) of the w5500 for debugging and status checks.
RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by Vien Huy Nguyen ·
Hi Jaden,
I will change L1 to a ferrite bead, and connect LEDs to pin 25 and pin 27.
I am facing a difficulty in routing from the magnetic to W5500. The TX pair is crossing the RX pair. It is recommended not to use vias for differential pairs, so I run TX under the magnetic; but now the two TX traces in the TX pair cross and I cannot connect the other trace to R8. Please see attached screenshot.
RE: External Magnetic Routing Review
by jaden WIZnet ·
If the issue is not solved through component replacement, route with minimal use of via and shield the via to GND.