problem getting micropython loopback example working on PiPico and W5500
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: problem getting micropython loopback example working on PiPico and W5500
by Eugeny ·
I suspect
must have some arguments, supplied, at least W5500 socket number to open socket interface for?
RE: RE: problem getting micropython loopback example working on PiPico and W5500
by scottdky ·
I tried it with:
socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAMwith the same result. The example given by Wiznet does not have any arguments. What arguments should I try?
RE: problem getting micropython loopback example working on PiPico and W5500
by Eugeny ·
Can you provide link to the sources you refer to? Is there any documentation for the library/calls provided?
There must be at least indication of the W5500 socket number, W5500 is having 8 of them. In the code I see you set up common registers, I see you open socket, set it to listen on port 5000, but I do no see which W5500 socket you a configuring.
RE: problem getting micropython loopback example working on PiPico and W5500
by scottdky ·
FYI, the Wiznet example code is here - RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/examples/Loopback at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython · GitHub
But, I found the problem. In my ignorance, I didn’t understand what the socket.accept function did. After studying python (instead of micropython) documentation, I realized it was waiting for another computer to connect to it. When I did so, the function call returned as expected. I apologize for the newbie mistake.
Also FYI, according to python documentation,
s = socket.socket()does default tosocket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM.