How to enable RS 232 functionality?
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: How to enable RS 232 functionality?
by rena ·
Hi @kgohil,
Do you have the WIZ750SR-232 module and EVB board? Then you can communicate without any extra code work.
Refer to the guide below.
If the device you have is a WIZ750SR-TTL module, only TTL communication is possible.
WIZ750SR-TTL and WIZ750SR-RS232 modules share EVB and use jumpers to change functions.
Use the Configuration Tool to set IP, operation mode, etc. Below is the download link and wiki page.
Thanks
RE: RE: How to enable RS 232 functionality?
by kgohil ·
Yes, I do have the WIZ750SR-232 module and EVB board. I was able to follow the guide you provided and get the functionality I wanted. I was able to send commands such as “MC” using Tera Term for the RS-232 connection and view the mac address on the USB Tera Term connection.
Thank you for that, this is exactly what I wanted to test, but now my question is, how do I program the board to where I can send and receive custom data. For example, if I wanted to create a test program that would output “hello” every couple of seconds through the RS-232 and view it on Tera Term, how would I go about doing that?
Same with receiving data, if I wanted to send “hi” from Tera Term window to the RS -232 connection, how would I code it to where it would check to make sure it is the right command? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you again!
RE: How to enable RS 232 functionality?
by rena ·
Hi @kgohil,
The firmware of WIZ750SR is open, and to implement custom functions, you need to modify and use it.
Please note that the development environment is based on Keil IDE for ARM (version 5).
For information on setting up the development environment, please refer to the document below.
The Eclipse-based project is also uploaded, but it is an old version and is not currently being updated.
It could be used for implementing simple functions.