When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Coccoliso ·
I’ve never tried it but …
from as written in the manual after setting the WOL in MR must read IR bit 4 (MP) which becomes high after remotely you sent in UDP to W5500 on any port six times 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF and sixteen times the mac address of W5500.
This is the condition of waking up from standby and not think you have do something else.
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Eerik ·
The WOL works, no problem.
The problem is that UDP on the other socket does not work if I enable WOL.
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Eerik ·
Could someone post an example that includes WOL and UDP (send and receive)?
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Eerik ·
My UDP code stops working as soon as I add to following to my code:
Any help on this?
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Coccoliso ·
After setting WOL check the reception of packets awakening reading IR_MP and upon arrival should put the W5500 in normal operation by resetting the MR_WOL bit.
One thing I’ve tried and I can confirm is that the WOL packet does not go out the chip from the power down mode state losing the advantages of the waste of current.
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Eerik ·
So the W5500 is not in normal operation when I set the WOL bit in the Mode Register?
Does the W5500 inhibit reception of UDP packages when the WOL bit is set in the Mode Register? The data sheet does not tell this. Or is there a chip bug in the W5500 that inhibits reception of UDP packages when the WOL bit is set?
When I set the WOL bit in the Mode Register I can still send and receive TCP packages. But I can’t receive any UDP packages. This is strange!
In my application I want the INTn pin to go low when the W5500 receives a magic package (WOL). The INTn is connected to the board reset line. I want my board to reset when the W5500 receives a magic package. This works, I have tested it. But I would also like to be able to receive normal UDP packages.
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Coccoliso ·
I think it’s a firmware problem because I find very strange that the chip can not even start from power down when in WOL … normally this is expected, restart the circuit when it is in low power.
To solve your problem you may not use the WOL but open an UDP standard channel and write the protocol from scratch.
RE: When I enable WOL (Wake up On LAN) I cant receive UDP packages any more
by Coccoliso ·
I peeked in web and there are some WOL client examples already written …
are for W5100 but take them for W5500 is not difficult.