Is my W5500 damaged by the wrong ExRes1 resistor?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Is my W5500 damaged by the wrong ExRes1 resistor?
by ghuang ·
On the layout side, the instruction said “void power and ground planes under discrete magnetic components”, but I am using the integrated transformer (J1B121ZCCD) , so I did not follow that rule. But I don’t think that be the reason causing the whole chip not functioning.
RE: Is my W5500 damaged by the wrong ExRes1 resistor?
by ghuang ·
At least this crystal does not seems good according the calculation
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=products:w5100s:w5100s_crystal_selection_guide_v100e.pdf
I am not sure if the W5500 still have the same gain margin with the W5100 or not.
But I am ordering few other cyrstals with smaller CL and will try it next week.
Question:
Even if the loop does not oscillating, which means I don’t get 25MHz, should I measure some voltage, maybe DC on the pin 30/31?
Thanks,