W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by Candela12 ·
Did you perform the proper reset procedure (toggle rst pins for the documented times) and soft reset (write 128 to MR and wait till lear) after?
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by Philipp K ·
Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t the 0x39 be in the second byte after CS goes low? Like this:
0x00 0x39 0x00 0xXX
(2 Bytes Adress, 1 Byte Control Phase, 1 Dummy Byte for the response)
RE: RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by Eugeny ·
You must be correct. Most probably @kira used datasheet of another device (e.g. W5100).
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by Philipp K ·
Maybe the device model is not correctly configured in the API?
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by kira ·
Oh lot of thanks guys!
I could not test it yet, but I’m sure it would work with your solutions.
Candela12: I do the proper Hard reset(rst), but did’nt the Soft reset…need to do that of course!
Also Philipp_K mentionend a great point: of course I sent one 0x00 too much. I did not paid attention that the WIZCHIP_READ_BUF() sends three bytes.
I will come back to you when I can test it again.
Many thanks
Have good one
-kira
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by Philipp K ·
I think I see your problem now. The WIZCHIP_READ_BUF() function expects the combination of adress and opcode, especially because the opcode also contains the register block you want to read from. Since you only need one byte, calling WIZCHIP_READ(0x003900) should yield the correct result.
Though strongly suggest calling getVERSIONR() instead; if you’d prefer using WIZCHIP_READ, i’d still recommend looking at the implementation of getVERSIONR(), that might give you an idea how those functions work
RE: W5500 wrong Versionr; communication problem
by kira ·
Yep, that was the problem. Thank you very much Philipp_K for your help, now I get the right version number.