W5500 TCP/IP Sending Issue
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 TCP/IP Sending Issue
by Delta4405 ·
Hello bjargav05,
Where you able to fix this problem? I am stranded at the same point and I can not find any other information to fix this beside this unsolved post.
I am able to connect through TCP and I am able to send something, but its duplicating what I am sending multiple times covered in a lot of unknow data dump.
Can someone explain the steps that you need to take after the Connect command until the Send command?
You do not have to write it in code, just telling which registers you need to use and especialy why is enough.
I am trying to send 3 bytes of data in a tcp protocol as a client (computer is the server), so it should not be that hard i thought…
But i am breaking my brain over it…
RE: RE: W5500 TCP/IP Sending Issue
by Delta4405 ·
Its awfully quiet here. I mean, its an old post that not have been awnsered. But also on my own post nobody reactes. Either the question is too hard or too stupid
Below schematic on what I do to and how I think the tx buffer writing for TCP should work based on what I understand of the documentation.
Result is that it does send data, but also a lot of other random stuff. And the amount depends on how quick I runt the program. If I do it really fast (so no delays in this part) than it will send nothing (just a connect, but not even disconnect).
If I go fast but a bit slower (debug mode and going quickly step by step through the code) it prints out the stuff I want, but also some extra random material.
If I go really slow (long delay in the program or really slow step by step in debug) it send out maximum random data with some traces of what I wanted to send.
So any ideas?
RE: W5500 TCP/IP Sending Issue
by saran4589 ·
Hi Delta,
your graphic representation was very helpful as I was having the same problem as Bhargav05. But I still am not able to send data from Zybo to Wireshark using 5500. I am using TCP mode too. I am able to establish the Three way handshake but only thing thats not being sent is the Data(12 byte).
Also How do you set the length of the frame? I am having a lil trouble loading the increased value of the address to TX_WR. Any help or suggestion is appreciated
RE: W5500 TCP/IP Sending Issue
by Eugeny ·
Read Sn_TX_WR0 and Sn_TX_WR1 in specific order explained in datasheet to make up 16-bit pointer. Then see “Register and Memory Organization” of the datasheet. Write data you need to send to the respective TX buffer (for the socket you use, buffer is cyclical, physical address is derived from WR pointer and depends on the sizes of the buffers set up in the chip). Then update Sn_TX_WR0 and Sn_TX_WR1 and issue SEND command.
I recommend you reading the datasheet, or at least scanning through it and then thoroughly reading parts about memory and pointer management. All info you need is in the datasheet, but you won’t be able to peek it in pieces properly without getting basics of the chip organization and logic.