WIZ145sr schematics
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by louis ·
Hello,
Attached is the 145SR hardware schematic.
Thank you.
RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by mikeclery ·
Hi Louis
I am designing a new product in which I have chosen the WIZ5300 chip. I have chosen this because of its speed. I purchased several WIZ145SR (with the serial board) to investigate performance.
My application is a 24 channel audio to network device. The WIZ145SR uses the W5300 and the has a STM32 Cortex3 MCU. Unfortunately the WIZ145SR only supports serial to network and does not let me access the vast GIO pins available on the STM32 Cortex 3.
I have now purchased a STM32F103ZET6 development board that supports the ST32M Cube family of software tools, and this board has access to all of the STM32 Cortex I/O capability. I have also purchased the WIZ830, which is a WIZ5300 with a RJ45. I have connected the WIZ830 to the STM32 Cortex3 using the same pin connections as on the WIZ145SR.
I would like to load the WIZ145SR firmware into my STM32 development board and use the STM Cube-IDE suite to modify the serial code for my new purpose, but re-using the WIZ145-SR interface to the WIZ5300.
Could you tell me if the source codes are available for the WIZ145SR serial card and what STM32 development tool you used?
Thanks
Mike Clery
Thruput
mike.clery@thruput.co.uk
RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by mikeclery ·
Hi
Have you an answer for the WIZ145SR module schematic?
Not the the connections between the ARM processor and the serial card but the connections between the W5300 chip and the STM32F103ZET6 ARM MCU. I want to connect a WIZ830MJ module to a STM32F103ZET6 development board so I can still run the WIZ145SR code.
Thanks
RE: RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by James YS KIM ·
Hi mikeclery,
Did you solve this issue already?
If not, I have a question.
Why do you want to use W5300?
If you change TCP/IP chip from W5300 to W5500, then you can design the interface between your mcu & W5500 via SPI.
And using SPI DMA & high clock frequency may make your ethernet throughput fast enough.
James.
RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by mikeclery ·
Hi James
We decided to move over to the WIZ6100. The 8 bit parallel bus was fast enough for us. We pass the 8-bit data bus and the A0/A1 lines through a FPGA from the STM32 ARM MCU. The STM32 sets up the network parameters and then switches control of the data bus to the FPGA. The FPGA processes 24 channels of audio in to 20msec PCM16 packets. It then send each packet to sockets 2 through 7, incrementing the destination port number on each transfer. Each packet is sent every 750nanosecs.
The PFGA sends a status message on socket 1 to a different, or the same, destination IP address to the data. The system works perfectly.
There are libraries available for using the STM32 for setting up the WIZ6100. When the FPGA has control it prefaces each packet with, selecting the next socket, writing the next UDP port number, read buffer pointer, add message length to current pointer, write new pointer and then send data to the buffer.
You W6100 has proved a good product.
Best regards
RE: RE: WIZ145sr schematics
by mikeclery ·
I forgot to add we use socket 0 on the WIZ6100 as the TPC/IP TELNET port for remote configuration.
Mike