WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by viktor WIZnet ·
Hi Ezio,
Situation that you described is really strange.
Why don’t you try to upload F/W using Flash magic tool?
Check short guide on GitHub - Wiznet/WIZ550S2E: Serial to Ethernet Module based on W5500 & Cortex-M0
Best regards,
Viktor
RE: RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by ostorezio ·
Hi Viktor,
Well, I wouldn’t, for a number of reasons.
First off, the tool works on Windows, we don’t have a windows PC, we can choose either Linux or Mac … getting a Win PC for one upload is definitely an overkill.
Then, the procedure looks quite complex, if the F/W upload does not work with a fairy simple tool like the configuration tool, I worry that it will not work with a more complex procedure where a number of things can go wrong.
Next, our board is RS-485, not 232, does it work on 485 as well?
And last but not least, the configuration tool must work, I cannot understand why it is so complex/unreliable.
Looking forward for you excellent support,
RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by viktor WIZnet ·
Hi Ezio,
I agree with you, configuration tool must work. But in your case something is going wrong, either with hardware or with software.That’s why I propose to upload F/W using Flash magic tool.
There is version available for MAC (Download - Flash Magic scroll till the end).
Generally before FW upload through TFTP board shall be factory reset. But factory reset doesn’t reset EEPROM. I would propose to you to erase and write EEPROM too using Flash magic tool.
I attach EEPROM for rewriting. Try following:
EraseEEPROM.zip (15.0 KB)
I understand your reasons that you mentioned, but there is no other way to solve your issue.
Best regards,
Viktor
RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by ostorezio ·
'morning Viktor and thank you for your reply.
Good to know we have a flash tool for Mac, I’ll give it a try.
One question tough, modern PCs (and especially Macs) don’t have a 232 port, I have Linux boxes with RS-232, but in any case, our EV is RS-485, can we use the same procedure?
Is a serial adapter like Moxa good for RS-485 uploading of the F/W?
In any case, this is what I did trying the upload http-colon-slash-slash-bbbsw.it/download/WIZ550S2E-FWupload.mov
Did I miss some crucial step?
You mentioned that before uploading, the board must be factory rest, that means that we can use only the factory default subnet 192.168.11.0/255 for tftp upload? I’ll try that also.
Cheers,
RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by ostorezio ·
GEEEZZZZ!!!
It was my fault. In the F/W upload popup I was not entering the password … thought it was the tftp server password.
I input the board password and this time it worked.
It would not be a bad idea to alert the user of wrong/missing password, tough.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
RE: WIZ550S2E F/W upload failure
by viktor WIZnet ·
Hi Ezio,
Glad you solved it. We will consider your proposal regarding alert.
Should you have any questions, let us know anytime.
Best regards,
Viktor