Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Hi All again,
Just a small update.
As for configuration tool usage, here’s a sessions that shows what’s going wrong:
http://bbbsw.it/download/WIZ550S2E-485-EV.mov
Thank you for your attention,
Ezio
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Good Morning,
I did a few things trying to get myself out of this dead end.
So, I downgraded the configuration tool to V 1.20 … as described in the README.md file of the source package:
I am also wondering the the card I received is without F/W, so I tried to upload F/W.
Please not that the board replies to ping at the default address: 192.168.11.100.
Now I run the 1.20 version, behavior is different, but result is the same: stack trace.
The configurator crashes in both trying to set the TP configuration as well as trying to F/W upload.
This is the links at the screen recordings: IP configuration and F/W upload.
http://bbbsw.it/download/WIZ550S2E-485-EV_V120.tgz
I have a few question though:
Why does the configuration complains about “IP input error” if I want to configure DHCP?
So, I try to turn off DHCP and use static configuration
In TCP Server mode, why does the configurator require a “Remote port”?
In F/W Upload, why does it require an IP configuration?
I’m already setting the IP of the TFTP server
The same applies for local and remote ports, they should not be required for TFTP
OK, now I’m completely lost.
Probably I am misusing the conf tool or I missed something important in the documentation, could anybody help me?
Thank you in advance,
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
I have been digging deeply, with sniffers and sourcecode.
First off, the exception says:
OK, so I had a look at the source code, here it is the critical section:
590 str_array = gui.txtFirmwareVersion.getText().split(“\.”); //1.3.0
591 //packet.fw_ver[0] = (byte) (0x00FF&Short.parseShort(str_array[0], 10)); //1.3.1
592 packet.fw_ver[1] = (byte) (0x00FF&Short.parseShort(str_array[1], 10));
593 packet.fw_ver[2] = (byte) (0x00FF&Short.parseShort(str_array[2], 10));
It looks like the fw_ver bytes are not OK, is it something the Java app receives from the card during search?
So I sniffed this UDP handshake using Wireshark, here it is:
sorry, I have to obfuscate the link since this forum does not allow me to useURLs any longer … WTF!!!
http-colon-slash-slash-bbbsw.it/download/Wireshark.tgz
In the zipped file there is also an ASCII file containing the relevant PDUs.
That’s all too cryptic to me, but maybe someone can understand the data going back and forth between Configurator and WIZ550 card.
HTH,
Ezio
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by viktor WIZnet ·
Dear Ezio,
Sorry for late reply.
In order to help you, please let us know firmware version which is installed on your board.
Try to run configuration tool from link below (it is version 1.03) it should be able to connect with your board. Just execute jar file and click search button then you should be able to see Firmware Version in buttom left part.
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/products:wiz550sr:wiz550sr_download:wiznet_configuration_tool_ver1.03.zip
Thanks in advance,
Viktor
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Good Morning Viktor,
Thank you for your reply.
The configuration version you suggested seem to work, so I was able to read the FW version of the board: 1.0.3.
And I was able to make the board working with DHCP.
I need Modbus in my project, so I will try to update the F/W to a Modbus supporting version. I’ll let you know.
Ezio
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Hi again.
I succeeded in upgrading the board firmware to 1.4.0, though, Network Status says “Disconnected” … is that OK?
Anyway, even with the upgraded F/W I am not able to run config tool V 1.31.
Firmware Version is not shown, and during search I have this exception:
Exception in thread “Thread-3” java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 162
at WIZ550S2E_Config.setData(WIZ550S2E_Config.java:177)
at GUI.receivedPacket(GUI.java:266)
at ReceiveThread.run(ReceiveThread.java:65)
A small step further,
Ezio
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by viktor WIZnet ·
Dear Ezio,
After firmware upgrade, you need to do factory reset. There are two ways to do so:
Then try again with config tool V1.3.1
Best regards,
Viktor
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Ciao Viktor,
Sorry but it didn’t work.
Factory reset worked, after reboot I noticed the IP was reset to the factory seting and F/W version was 1.4, that’s OK. Network Status still disconnected.
Switching to DHCP was also OK.
But when I run the Tool V 1.31, I got the same stack trace:
% java -jar WIZnet_Configuration_Tool.jar
Exception in thread “Thread-3” java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 162
at WIZ550S2E_Config.setData(WIZ550S2E_Config.java:177)
at GUI.receivedPacket(GUI.java:266)
at ReceiveThread.run(ReceiveThread.java:65)
Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at PanelManager.updateFromPanel(PanelManager.java:592)
at GUI$1btnSettingListener.actionPerformed(GUI.java:1280)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
Seems to me that Conf Too V 1.31 is either bugged or not compatible with this board or F/W … is it like that?
Best regards,
Ezio
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by viktor WIZnet ·
Hi Ezio,
Try config tool from below link, hope it should work.
Best regards,
Viktor
RE: Settings failure on WIZ550S2E-485 EV with configuration tool
by ostorezio ·
Thank you Viktor,
I tried V 1.20 as you suggested, but the same result as before.
You can see the details of my usage of the tools here: http-colon-slash-slash-bbbsw.it/download/ConfTool_V120.mov
Regards,
Ezio