W6100-EVB , UDP, Loopback example
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W6100-EVB , UDP, Loopback example
by becky ·
In the W6100-EVB loopback example code, the UDP socket is fixed as IPv4 communication as below.
loopback_udps (0, ethBuf0,50000, AS_IPV4);
Have you modified this?
Please modify as below. In DUAL mode, both IPv4 and IPv6 communication is possible.
loopback_udps (0, ethBuf0,50000, AS_IPDUAL);
RE: W6100-EVB , UDP, Loopback example
by StefiIOT ·
I started the example without changing anything. I changed it to a dual, there is no difference, it blocks again.
I use my program to send the package (only IP4), and I can set whatever length I want. For example, at 1200 it works normally. I don’t know exactly what the problem is. I watch it all with Wareshark.
When I opened the topic I thought there was a bug in W6100. Thank God there is none.
There is no problem for me personally. I use your software to find out how the W6100 works. Not everything is explained in his documentation. I guess a lot of things and do experiments. From your software I use only the principle and ideas. My software runs on PIC32, and everything works fine there, no problems with any length within the buffer in the chip.
In principle, it is good to fix your libraries so that they can be used by people who need them. I would highly recommend that you add some code that will allow the work to continue if an error occurs. Now as it is written everything, at the first mistake, and everything blocks. For example, when you receive an invalid UDP data packet (ip/port =0), you exit the function, with the Sn_RX_RD still pointing somewhere in the middle of the packet in the buffer, and everything falls apart. It is not possible to continue.
It’s just that a lot of people use libraries as a black box without understanding how they work, but they expect to always work.