FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by mason WIZnet ·
Hi Amchaddad,
A FTP application can’t discover SD card in the WIZ550WEB.
because the WIZ550WEB only reads webpage data (html, image) from SD card.
And WIZ550WEB does not support FTP protocol.
Thank you.
RE: RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by amchaddad ·
Thank you for your reply.
I will continue to move the SD card between the 550WEB and my code-editing computer.
This is my first experience with the WIZNet550Web. It is bit sophisticated for me to program. I am struggling to make sense of the 1200 lines of code in the demo .html file. I have not been able to find any code examples (AJAX, HTML, CGI,
JAVA) that explain the minimum-code required to read an analog-input, in real-time, to the browser. For now I am deleting each line of code, one line at a time, to discover which lines are minimally required to do the task.
I have for about 10 years been using the (now discontinued) Netmedia ‘Siteplayer’ module in my products. It was less powerful but satisfied the needs while being smaller and easier to program.
So far I have reduced the original .html code to 735 lines while still retaining the functionality I need. Any code snippets you have that can describe the most basic functionality would be very helpful.
RE: RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by amchaddad ·
I understand that the WIZNet 550WEB can’t use FTP.
The way I am intending to use the module requires me to update the HTML code through the network connection. I won’t have access to the micro-SD card slot. Is there any method to update the code, .png images files, etc. through the network?
If not, I will have to abandon the 550WEB.
RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by mason WIZnet ·
Hi Amchaddad,
The html of WIZ550WEB’s SD card is for simple WIZ550WEB Config modification and checking the ADC voltage. Therefore, it is not designed to modify html data through the network.
Thank you.
RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by amchaddad ·
Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any recommendations for WizNet products that provide the DIO and ADC elements that have Network based updating of the HTML?
RE: FTP Settings for WIZNet 550WEB
by mason WIZnet ·
Among our products, wiz550web is the only product with html server function. Unfortunately, your solution doesn’t seem to fit our products.