Send a command while transmitting?
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Send a command while transmitting?
by becky ·
In WIZ750SR firmware, code is written to use only one port. This is possible if you modify the code.
RE: Send a command while transmitting?
by Weingran ·
Thanks becky for your reply!
Meanwhile I made an experiement:
I had the thought that I don’t necessarily need one aplikation to do this, but that I can take one normal application and the configuation tool (wizconfig) at the same time.
I had my own application for a WIZ750SR-485, where i plugged a sensor in that gives 10 values / messages per second on the RS422. I started my application to read them via ethernet and show them on the screen.
WHile this was running, I started wizconfig - and it found the device and read all of its configuration without problems. It even showed the values of the analog Inputs of the GPIO’s in 1 Second intervalls.
However - when I tried to configure something - even only the state of an GPIO, either the application or the wiz750SR crashed. In one case it crashed so that the PHY-LINK and TCP-CONNECT where still on and it didn’t make a bleep and I had to reset it manually.
So it seems to me that is is at least possible to read the configuration and the GPIOs of the device simultaneously to communicating on the UART.
But this doesn’t seem to be the intended use of the device - so I decided not to use this in my application.
It just doesn’t feels save enough.