W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by jameskim ·
Hi,
We have a product which W7500 and a Switch IC are embedded on.
It’s not released to the public but provided to some specific customers.
If you want, we can provide you with it.
Best regards,
James.
RE: RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by photon4 ·
Hi James,
We are in the process of developing a small Ethernet Node that requires to have the W7500 along with a suitable (small) 3-port Ethernet Switch. We were considering the KSZ8863RLL for the 3-port switch. Please let me know if you have any available reference data/schematic for this. Alternately, please suggest a suitable 3-Port Ethernet switch that I can use with the W7500 in our design.
Our requirement is to daisy chain multiple ethernet nodes (each with a W7500 + 3-port switch) to save on cabling costs. Each Node will have 2x RJ45 Jacks for Ethernet In/Out.
Best Regards,
Raj
RE: RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by cdasher ·
Any information on this? I am having a very hard time understanding how to interface a W5500 with a switch IC. I need to have my host processor (via the W5500) connected to a switch IC (still trying to find a suitable one) so that I have for example 4 switched ports on my pcb and allow each port (connected to a laptop) to talk to my application which uses the w5500.
RE: RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by tuna ·
Hi Javakys,
I just found this thread and it is very interesting. A chip like the one you described would be quite helpful for a product I’m currently developing. Until now, I had planned on using the three separate components (switch, MCU and WIZNet processor). Could you provide any additional information about the chip you mentioned?
I’d be happy to provide my business contact information via DM, if required.
Regards,
-Tuna
RE: RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by cdasher ·
Would it be possible to get some of these modules? Also, what is the lead time for production?
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by PJE ·
Hi James,
That sounds VERY interesting, my main issue would be my potential volumes are quite low due to it being a device for an industrial machine we build (<1000 units), although the end product would have a potentially much wider application in general industry. If this quantity is not an issue I’d be very interested in more information.
What would be ideal for my volumes would be a version of the WIZwiki-7500ECO where the CPU/PHY are replaced with this new chip and the two Ethernet port connections come out as pins to allow me to fit D-Coded M12 sockets and magnetics.
In my application I would be building a similar base board, but would probably not include the on-board USB programming interface, and simply connect to a SWD programming header as needed, while implementing a 24V to 3.3V power supply for the base and extension boards.
– PJE
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by jameskim ·
Hi Raj,
Sorry that I missed your post.
Unfortunately, we don’t have any reference using KSZ8863RLL.
But we have a reference using a different switch IC.
I ask my colleague to attach the reference schematic here.
Thank you.
James.
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by jameskim ·
Hi Tuna,
What I mentioned is not about a chip.
It’s a module which consists of W7500 and a switch IC.
James.
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by jameskim ·
Hi @tuna, @photon4, @cdasher,
Please refer to the attachment as a reference.
2Port_S2E_V001_1.pdf (726.1 KB)
Thank you.
James.
RE: W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC
by jameskim ·
Yes, possible.
Its lead time is 4 weeks.
Thank you.
James.