W5500 hangs router
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 hangs router
by jameskim ·
Hi,
Can you share your old code and new one with us?
With both codes, we may be able to investigate what the root cause was.
And do you have any file which you captured packets in when the router crash happened?
If not, I’d like to ask you to capture packets with the old code using wireshark.exe.
Thank you.
RE: RE: W5500 hangs router
by 114r5 ·
I am not allowed to share the code and neither have wireshark captures from the moment of the crash. I can make captures of the current behavior if you want.
Don’t you know any general reason that may cause the router to act like this? Maybe IP or port conflict, or too many open ports?
RE: W5500 hangs router
by acpie360 ·
What are those two TCP sockets, server or client? I am not sure what “static port” means in your statement. Are you using the WIZnet ioLibrary?
RE: W5500 hangs router
by 114r5 ·
TCP sockets both act as client, pointing simultaneously to two different servers.
As static port, I mean that one arbitrary source port value is assigned and is always the same for each socket (0xCA00+socketNumber).
No WIZnet ioLibrary. I am creating my own functions. If you ask for a certain bit of code, I might be able to share it.
RE: W5500 hangs router
by jameskim ·
In fact, we have never got any reports like this from customers.
So, we can’t guess what made this symptom.
The packets when the router gets crashed are helpful for us to investigate.
RE: W5500 hangs router
by Eugeny ·
I am sure router logs will tell you the reason for its reboot/hanging, or will at least give you an idea what was happening before problem occurs.