W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi
W5500 isn’t support Auto mdix.
If your switch not support the Auto mdix, you have to use the Crossover Cable(TX-RX, RX-TX).
thanks,
best regards
irina
RE: RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by voroshilov ·
Hi, Irina!
Thank you for reply,
bot it’s too easy.
switch supports auto-mdix.
I tried to connect devices with any valid cable configurations.
No results.
The PC and laptop work with the switch, the device does not work.
I tried to enable and disable autonegotiation. - No results.
I tried to select 10Mbit / 100Mbit data and duplex / half duplex - no results.
In any phy-level configuration, the PC and laptop work with the network, my device does not.
And the problem is only with one of the switches I have.
A different Ethernet controller is installed in the PC and laptop, not the W5500.
If the PC and laptop did not work with this switch, I would consider that the problem is in the switch. But they work. So, my device should work.
Or there should be a list of devices incompatible with this ethernet controller.
RE: RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by maniapogee ·
I was testi the W5500 module with Stm32f051 discovery board . in have an issuse to getting ip module was auto disconnect with internet (meane ethernet ) and dont get the ip
thanks an regard
Manoj
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by Eugeny ·
W5500 link LED is on when cable is plugged in?
When W5500 tries reaching DHCP, does its TX LED flash?
Does its RX LED flash some times at all?
There could be a kind of “portfast” setting in the switch which does not allow switch’s port to initialize quickly. Simple test: turn on the W5500, wait for a minute with link LED being on (switch’s port must have detected and brought up so far), and then perform DHCP query.
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by voroshilov ·
no;
The device does not respond to ping-request; independently of switch port (Ip, subnet mask, and other host settings applied mannualy)
The device does not receive any packets (including broadcast); independently of switch port; Independently of UDP / TCP mode; The socket-port is assigned.
Packets from device not forwarded from switch
PC and laptop works correctly in same environment;
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by Eugeny ·
Put a simple hub in between the switch and W5500 and see if it will change anything.
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by voroshilov ·
If I add any intermediary between the switch and the W5500 - everything works correctly.
Only the operation of this chip when connecting directly to the switch is incorrect.
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by Eugeny ·
Sounds like sucb behavior may be caused by:
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by voroshilov ·
The switch does not have the ability to update the software.
The switch does not have any settings.
PCB is developed by our engineers, but according to the reference design;
I am inclined to reject electrical incompatibility. Oscillograms of data exchange with a PC or device do not differ: the fronts are correct, the pulse duration too, up to noise.
Logical incompatibility - maybe. I want to know more precisely about this, I don’t have official information, but the facts show that any network devices work correctly with the switch, except for the W5500.
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by Eugeny ·
The only way is to monitor and intercept packets at the switch’s port level. I suspect it is not possible. You can run Wireshark on the DHCP server to see if it gets DHCP requests.
When DHCP request is sent - eimmediatel after device is powered up? Can you issue DHCP request during chip operation?
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by voroshilov ·
Before creating this topic, I did an experiment:
I see the following:
The switch does not forward (!) Packets from the device, ignores packets.
With any other device (PC, laptop, routers from different vendors), the switch works correctly, there are no problems.
With all the hardware I have, except for this switch, the w5500 chip also works correctly.
The problem is as follows:
and I need to understand why. I don’t need workarounds. I need a root solution, and for this I need to know the root of the problem.
I also tried to connect devices from WIZnet, the same problem with them.
In the start message I indicated the switch model with which problems: 3com baseline 2016
RE: W5500 not working with some ethernet-switches
by Eugeny ·
Other devices may logically work differently - e.g. PC with Windows or Linux may send packet each second, and if previous packet got lost due to switch issues, next packet will be replied to. As a test set W5500 sending requests in loop each second and see if any of the packets will go through.
You judge at the user interface level? Or at the packet exchange level?
MAC addresses of these devices, including the one you currently use?