How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by irina WIZnet ·
Auto keepalive function should be placed after Socket open and before connection.
ex)
thank you!
RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by kejuqeju ·
hello Irina. I have issue about detecting disconnect.
what did i do wrong here?
my purpose is, i want to know if the LAN cable unplugged or not.
RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by kejuqeju ·
hello again.
i found something weird.
TESTING 1
TESTING 2
TESTING 3
i am confused about TESTING 3. do i have to send/receive data first, so the timeout will occur?
RE: RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by irina WIZnet ·
Keep Alive sends the last 1 Byte from the last transmitted Data. So,Data bigger than 1 Byte must be transmitted before Keep Alive.
RE: RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by Sinan ozdemir ·
I am experiencing test number 3.
When the connection is established, I send 0x00
but after a certain few hours the connection drops again
If I send data, the connection to the other computer becomes live again.
so keep alive works so weird and pointless
but If I set 000 instead of PMODE 111, everything goes back to normal.
i think w5500 is not behaving normally when Auto Negotiation is on
RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by gakgoelazig ·
when debug, everything is good and working. but If I shut down the computer then I cannot connect to the processor again. When you enter the ethernet settings from the control panel and turn the ethernet off and on, it works normally again. how to solve this error. can you help me. my mcu is working tcp server mode. ı am using tcp comunication.
RE: RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by irina WIZnet ·
I think the firewall or other network (wifi, virtual machine) might be turned on.
Before TCP connection, you can execute the cmd windows in PC for ping test.
→ This is to confirm that it is the same network.
RE: How can I use TCP Keep Alive function?
by kejuqeju ·
so your solution is set PMODE to 000?
until now, i haven’t found the solution for W5500 keep alive settings.
I did another way