W5500 ARP Table
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 ARP Table
by Eugeny ·
I suspect that if you close UDP socket, and then reopen it, W5500 will send new ARP request. In other words, you should restart your application driving W5500 socket. Try it and let us know.
RE: RE: W5500 ARP Table
by fjdepedro ·
The problem is that I’m receiving data from the remote system and I don’t know when the remote system is not receiving data. I cannot close de UDP socket periodically.
RE: W5500 ARP Table
by becky ·
Hello,
The w5500 has a force ARP mode.
It is a mode to transmit ARP request every packet transmission.
You can enable/disable Force ARP mode using the MR register.
I recommend a disable it after updating the MAC address.
RE: RE: W5500 ARP Table
by fjdepedro ·
I will try to activate this bit each 15 seconds, send a packet and then deactivate it again.
RE: RE: W5500 ARP Table
by fjdepedro ·
This work for me. Each 15 seconds, before sending an UDP packet, I activate bit FARP in MR register. After it, I send the UDP packet and then deactivate bit FARP. It is not necessary to close the UDP socket.
Now, using WireShark, I can see an ARP request every 15 seconds.
RE: W5500 ARP Table
by Eugeny ·
Then in general your protocol is not reliable, and there’s no guarantee that packet will reach the server. Consider using TCP, or make PC application sending a kind of ACK UDP packet, this way your embedded device will know that PC received data (and if not, retry, then force ARP, then reopen socket).
RE: W5500 ARP Table
by fjdepedro ·
Yes, you are right. I need to redesign the protocol.
RE: W5500 ARP Table
by becky ·
Glad to hear that.
If you have any more problem, just let me know.
Have a nice day, thank you