w5500 connection unstable
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: w5500 connection unstable
by irina WIZnet ·
W5500 does not support auto-MDIX feature.
Thus, user should use straight-through cables to connect to other switches or routers and crossover cables to connect to devices such as servers, workstations or another W5500.
However, user can use either type of cable to connect to other devices with auto-MDIX enabled, and the interface automatically corrects for any incorrect cabling. Must work with your switch though, but you may try changing cables and try another switch to see if there will be a difference.
RE: RE: w5500 connection unstable
by W5500Newbie ·
I tried many ways but finally I sort the problem out. I would supply ethernet board with arduino 3.3v pin. when I measure 3.3v pin and gnd, multimetre shows approx. 2.8 voltage and this makes me think problem may result from this voltage drop. Afterwards I supply ethernet board with another buck regulator with 3.4 volt dc. Problem has gone
Thanks for your support
RE: w5500 connection unstable
by irina WIZnet ·
Good luck
Please inform us of any problems as soon as they occur.