W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by Eugeny ·
Why MOSI goes high between command/data bytes? You must eliminate this behavior as unneeded wire level toggling may cause noise and false positives.
RE: RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by mazimir ·
Hi,
This is default in AVR (using Atmega328p), that MOSI in idle state is high. Plenty of SPI devices i used didn’t have any problems with that.
Although I agree that this may cause some misleading bits in extreme situations, we see that register is written correctly (stays with value 16)… And I don’t think may be source of trouble here. Anyway, I will try to modify software in meantime to force low state. Any other ideas maybe?
RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by Eugeny ·
Not yet. Waveform picture looks more or less ok for me.
RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by HSPalm ·
Hello mazimir,
Did you find a solution? I am having the same problem as you.
Henrik
RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by devan ·
I’m not sure if this applies to the original poster’s situation, but I have observed the above behavior if I issue a close command while the PHY is powered down (using the OPMD and OPMDC bits in the PHYCFGR register).
For my use case, it’s fairly easy to simply not interact with the socket registers while the PHY is in down mode.
RE: W5500 SN_CR never returns to 0 (infinite loop)
by mazimir ·
Hi All,
Sorry for leaving topic without solution…
Chips were soldered using hot air, by hand. After replacement new chip always worked fine. I expect that they were overheated and had some internal damages.
Regards