Project with a Wiz550io
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by jim ·
Dear Vermu
I think you can test WIZ550io with Arduino platform easily.
Please refer to the following link.
Thanks.
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by Vermu ·
I don’t have any arduino, isn’t it possible with a PC?
RE: RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by jim ·
WIZ550io is not for PC.
If you want to connect with PC, please the following product.
WIZ550S2E-232-EVB
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550s2e:start
WIZ550SR-EVB
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550sr:start
Thanks.
RE: RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by Vermu ·
Hum, I don’t want to connect the SPI with the PC, just the Ethernet, it’s impossible?
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by jim ·
If you have only WIZ550io, you cannot use Ethernet.
You must have the platform or MCU board like Arduino UNO.
PC1<USB>Arduino UNO<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2Or
MCU Host<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC1Or
PC1<RS-232C>WIZ550S2E-232-EVB<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2Thanks.
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by Vermu ·
As i said in my first post : “I got a board with SPI communication, it provides the clock and everything.”
It’s a custom board with a FPGA on it, I aim to use a microblaze or picoblaze on it
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by jim ·
Actually, I don’t know a microblaze or picoblaze.
When I search that, I found there is the bus interface. (I don’t know if I’m right.)
If you want to use the bus interface instead of SPI, refer to W5300 chip.
Thanks.
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by Vermu ·
Picoblaze and microblaze are softcores of Xilinx. You can use SPI on it (xilinx provide a code they developped where the FPGA is an SPI slave but you can make it a SPI master)
RE: Project with a Wiz550io
by Vermu ·
Hello,
I just have a question for the clock i’m generating, it’ll be faster if it’s a yes, if it’s a no, the SPI will be just a bit slower.
Does the clock the SPI master provide has to be 50% duty cycle? I’m doing it with a picoblaze and it’s quite easy to generate a SPI clock where duty cycle <50% but the low and high state are both > 6ns (like the SPI datasheet of the W5500 suggest)
(I’m not working from scratch and the code which was provided by xilinx to make a SPI master for a flash memory is making a clock but not 50% duty cycle)