Pin connection of WIZ100 board
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Pin connection of WIZ100 board
by scott WIZnet ·
Hello StevenMedusa
I answer your question.
You need to connect VCC and GND to only one of JP1 or JP2.
If you want to use Ethernet, you need to connect the 1 pin of JP2 to the CT of RJ45.
Ask more questions.
Thank you.
RE: RE: Pin connection of WIZ100 board
by StevenMedusa ·
Hello Scott,
Thank you for your response!
I am not sure if I understand this. Using the developers board I can indeed verify that this is correct. But according to the PIN assignment of the WIZ100SR manual, pin 1 is the PWFBOUT. What does this mean? What is send over this line?
And I have a second question: Would it be possible to use the S2E chip without an RJ45 socket? We would like to use the chip in following ideal case:
[WIZ100SR chips] → flying leads connected to an ethernet cable → Ethernet plug that inserts into a PC
So basically that an ethernet cable is cut and directly connected to this board. I know that there is some electronics present in the RJ45 sockets, but would it be possible to skip this or use some other smaller components for this?
RE: Pin connection of WIZ100 board
by scott WIZnet ·
Hello StevenMedusa.
PWFBOUT is a 3.3V power supply.
There is a transformer circuit inside the RJ45 connector. 3.3V should be connected there.
It is recommended to use RJ45 connector. But you can do whatever you want.
WIZ100SR - Transformer Circuit - Ethernet Cable - PC
You need to do this.
I’ll send you a circuit and RJ45 datasheet for your reference.
See the transformer circuit in the RJ45 data sheet.
Thank you.
WIZ100SR.zip (199.7 KB)