Wiz100sr connection problems
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by jim ·
Dear Maros
I need more info to reproduce your problem.
Please send screen images of CFG tool and test scenario in detail.
And if you can use Wireshark, please add Ethernet log of Wireshark.
Is it some way to reset WIZ100SR to factory defaults?
(WIZnet) Sorry. There is no factory reset in WIZ100SR because there is no HW pin for factory reset.
You can get the latest firmware from the following site.
old.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/ … F_KeyWord=
Thanks.
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
Hi,
I could not give you screenshot because there is nothing to show. After entering PPPoE I am unable to SEARCH device via CFG tool ( WIZ connected directly to PC) so I cant see my device. And what is worse - I cant connect to wiznet via uart with <+++> command - there is no response from uart. I tried almost every uart settings and baudrates…
So again:
When it was in static mode, everything worked! When I entered DHCP I couldnt connect to wiznet via UART but with CFG tool it was possible. When I switched (just for test) into PPPoE mode I was unable to connect via uart and CFG tool.
And it is really bad that wiznet doesnt have any factory reset. You dont need to have any special pin for this. Some modules uses grounding of some pin after startup. It is really bad because when communication goes down I can throw this module out the window…
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
I solved part of the problem. I connected wiznet directly to PC and I overloaded UART with <+++> commands and voila:
wiz100sr was discovered by CFG tool. So I switched back to static and now I am able to connect with wiz100sr.
BUT
[size=150]There is still problem[/size] with DHCP configuration. I attached some file.
At first, look at static.jpg. As you can see - I sent <+++> command and wiz100sr replied. Dont be confused that I am sending <<++> - it is how the hercules translate special ascii names. In window (pink color) you can see that message is <+++>. So it is correct. Black color is answer from wiz100sr.
Via CFG tool I switch to DHCP and you can see that wiz100sr DOESNT reply!!! (dhcp.jpg)
After that I switch back to STATIC (I didnt clear terminal window for better understanding) and as you can see - wiz100sr replies AGAIN! (back from dhcp to static.jpg)
So there is problem with DHCP mode. My question is WHY and how to solve it
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by jim ·
Thank you for your info.
I will post the result after checking.
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
Thanks. I tried the newest FW 5.13 and the problem still remains…
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
Now I discovered another problems after upgrade to 5.13.
UART communication works well, but TCP/IP protocol not. I attached another pictures. On picture you can see some wrong data in the textboxes.
On 3rd picture I want to downgrade to 5.10 but as you can see, it doesnt work and it generates another wrong data in the textboxes…
[size=150]As you can see part of DNS nameserver appears in TCP/IP password texbox!!! So there is a problem with overflow of memory…[/size]
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
pictures 4 and 5… thank you. I am not new in software and electronic engineering - so I think that this is not my mistake but something is wrong with WIZ firmware…
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by jim ·
Dear Macro
First of all, you must use correct commands.
Please refer to attached image.
And read User Manual fully.
old.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/ … F_KeyWord=
Second, "Version 82.0 " means that FW Upload is not completed.
You must carry out FW Upload again.
Thanks.
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
I am reading user manual 2.1.0 and there is NO information about what is 82 version of firmware. But thanks for information!
AND sorry - I was sending <+++> command from terminal, but in my code is only +++.
I tried only +++ in DHCP mode via terminal and still without success, I dont understand
RE: Wiz100sr connection problems
by marosrmc ·
I recorded video how I am testing it:
youtube.com/watch?v=IWYa-4lxaeo
Is there something wrong? I tried also HW reboot after entering DHCP mode… THANK YOU