Data / command mode
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Data / command mode
by cliff ·
Hello,
There is description about ‘Command mode & Data mode’, so please refer to it.
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#plugin_include__products__wizfi250__wizfi250pg__at_command_set-cmd_data_mode
Command mode is the default communication mode and all AT Commands can be used only at this mode.
Data mode, on the other hand, is the mode which passes data of application layers to peer devices directly, without AT commands or any other interventions.
So, we hope this answers Question 1 and Question 2.
Yes, you can. Use AirCMD. You can refer to following.
Thank you,
Best Regards.
RE: Data / command mode
by soellicha ·
Hello Cliff,
Thank you for the reply.
I am a bit confused regarding my question number 3.
You say I can send AT commands when in Station mode. I try that and I get no response! Should I connect the wizfi to my home modem , then with a usb to a pc and send some specific command with putty to enable Air Command mode?
In your screen shot you send AT+WSET=1, … which ( 1) stands for AP mode!!!
then you send AT+ WSEC = 0, … which (0 ) stands for AP mode again!!! That confused me! So Air command only works at AP mode?
Can you please advise some more?
Thank you
Best Regards
RE: Data / command mode
by cliff ·
Hi,
I’m really so sorry.
I misunderstood that.
Air command mode is only currently working on AP mode…
I’m so sorry again to inform you wrong information.
Thank you.
Best Regards
RE: Data / command mode
by soellicha ·
Hello Cliff,
No worries
Thank you