W5200 different speed with different PC
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by Eugeny ·
Insufficient information. Please generate full Wireshark logs for both cases and upload them here.
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by mikkamano ·
Here they are, the ACK sequence I described is actually a little different but the strange delays are still there. I’ll wait some advice!
Thank you in advance,
Michele
Wireshark trace from 2 PCs.zip (757 KB)
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by Eugeny ·
PC_1 acknowledgement of every single packet.
PC_2 I see 700us delay. Set “enable no delayed ack” in W5200 (you said you did it in PC). Delay may be caused by your application delaying issuing SEND command to W5200 (e.g. tiem spent transferring data to W5200’s buffer), it is not necessarily the chip’s issue.
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by mikkamano ·
Dear Eugeny,
Although that No delayed ACK option refers to the data transfer in the other direction (that is from PC to W5200), I already set that option. The acquisition you see are already taken with No delayed ack option enabled.
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by mikkamano ·
Moreover, I tell you another thing. My application currently writes in the TX buffer 512 Bytes each time. Then before issuing the send command it waits that the TX buffer (8kbytes) is full (so after 16x512 bytes write commands to the TX buffer). So the delay between two 8kB transfers could be due to my application or to the chip. But the delay of 700us inside the 8kB transfer I think is related to some chip issue, because the chip should already have at the beginning all the necessary data to complete the 8kB transfer! That’s is why I don’t understand this delay.
Thank you in advance for further help.
RE: W5200 different speed with different PC
by mikkamano ·
Dear Wiznet support,
I found a solution to the problem I reported which at the end resulted as an undocumented chip bug. I changed a bit my part but I repeat that the main problem is inside the W5200. I am able to push the W5200 to 70Mbit/s indepently from the PC. But I won’t report here the solution I found because of the weak support I received here.
I bought a lot of chips and I and other customers often need a certain level of support to get the things work properly. This support given in this forum I think is poor, not only looking at my case but also looking at the lot of others unanswered topics. On my side this results in using the chips that I’ve left here and then searching other producers for future revisions. I think you, Wiznet guys, should spend more time here in order not to loose other customers. At least if you don’t know the causes of all problems be honest and say “it’s a bug/limitation of W5200 chip, solved in W5300, please upgrade to that model”. That would point out what what is really feasible with your products and what it’s not, and make your products more trustful.
Anyway if some other user is interested at my case and want to know how I managed to push the W5200 TCP mode to the limit, send me an email and I would be glad to give you some other information.