Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
by Zick ·
The wiki [1] recommends following transformers for W5500:
Don’t know if this applies to W5200.
[1] wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … fschematic
RE: Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
by v8surf ·
Did anyone ever get an answer to this? I am in the same boat at the moment
RE: Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
by Coccoliso ·
Hello everyone,
comparing the characteristics of potential transformers that can be used as described in the datasheet (W5500 in Chapter 5.5.5 and W5200 in Chapter 7.4.4) the two devices have the same characteristics on transformer side so what applies to the W5500 transformer scheme is applicable to the W5200 (same impedances, same transfer factors and same configuration diagram) without any changes and then applies.
What he said Zick and the link to the schema in previous post is correct.
You just have to try…
RE: Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
by v8surf ·
Hi,
I have just had a board made with the reference design for W5500 with external magnetics.
I used the the ref schematic at wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … 140808.pdf
As it came, I cant get the W5200 to get a link at all. It seems it doesn’t even attempt to establish the link.
I can however get a link at 10M if I reconfigure some components. I have removed C9 and 10 and replaced with a 0 ohm resistor. And I have also removed C15 and connected CT2 to CT1.
I know its not right, but in this configuration it seems to work, but it takes a little time to establish the link, and it is only ever at 10M where I need to get 100M.
I have noted the W5200 ref schematic pulls the TX and RX lines low, and the W5500 ref schematic pulls the TX lines high, and the RX lines low (with larger resistors here as well), is this correct, and which one should I be using?
Any help or insight will be appreciated.
Thanks
RE: Magnetics without RJ45 Jack to use with W5200
by Coccoliso ·
Take a look here [url]PHY Connection and Led Error - #5 by ashes]