W5300 ICMP ping reply data error when UDP communication via MACRAW socket
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5300 ICMP ping reply data error when UDP communication via MACRAW socket
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, Alex
Could you give me more details about Error occurred after W5300 receive UDP packet ?
It is hard to guess why it doesn’t work with MACRAW mode and give the error and find solution.
Thank you,
Lawrence.
RE: W5300 ICMP ping reply data error when UDP communication via MACRAW socket
by Alex ·
Hi, Lawrence!
Wireshark capture file in attachment. Screenshots below.
W5300 ip 192.168.200.29, PC ip 192.168.200.130.
W5300 configuration:
SOCKET0 - MACRAW, 54k rx/tx mem,
SOCKET1-4 - TCP/IP 4*2k rx/tx mem,
SOCKET5 - UDP 2k rx/tx mem
IP 192.168.200.29
MASK 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.200.254
16 bit bus mode, FIFO SWAP Bit set.
Ping from PC to W5300. After UDP packet send (frame #8) ping reply (frame #10) is corrupted.
Wireshark packet sequence screenshots:
Wireshark ICMP ping corrupted packet details:
Id, Sequence and Data are corrupted. Data partly can be identified as previously sent UDP packet (‘public’ community string).
Wireshark ICMP ping normal packet details:
Thank you,
Alex.
w5300 icmp repley error.rar (841 Bytes)
RE: W5300 ICMP ping reply data error when UDP communication via MACRAW socket
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, Alex
Sorry to late.
Many times I read and though why it happened.
But I can not reach the solution and have more wonders.
At the first, you siad [quote]ICM Fields Identifier, Sequence number and Data are corrupted.[/quote]
Is it about #9 packet in the wireshark??
If it is correct… I only think that the ICMP sending packet is wrong.
W5300 only supports MACRAW then everything depends on the software.
So, I wonder If the buffer has some left data after handling UDP packet, It will make a trouble with next sending packet.
I recommend the bugging with the buffer first.
Sorry with no clear answer… Thank you.
Lawrence
RE: W5300 ICMP ping reply data error when UDP communication via MACRAW socket
by Alex ·
Hi, Lawrence!
Yes, packet #9 contains corrupted data.
I’ve made some research.
I configured W5300 SOCKET0 in macraw only. No more sockets configured.
I configured W5300 MAC and IP adress. W5300 answers ICMP ping hardware.
I only receive macraw packets, make no send activity.
After I send any UDP packet from PC to IP address W5300 is configured the next ICMP answer data from W5300 was always corrupted.
ICMP reply data starting from ICMP Identifier field contains exacly UDP received packet data starting from IP Identification field.
Moreover when I only configured W5300 SOCKET0 in MACRAW mode, configured IP and halted CPU I got the same corrupted ICMP answer after every UDP packet was sent to W5300. W5300 process ICMP hardware, no software processing involved on MACRAW SOCKET0.
So there were no W5300 SOCKET0 activity and buffer operations but ICMP answer data corrupted always after UDP packet received by W5300.
I suppose you have problem with ICMP ping in macraw mode.
Thank you,
Alex.