SPI connections
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: SPI connections
by wizdaniel ·
Hello Andreas Achilleos.
There is a list of SPI Control Code.
#define SPI_NULL (uint8_t) 0xF0
#define SPI_ESC (uint8_t) 0xF1
#define SPI_SYNC (uint8_t) 0x02
#define SPI_XON (uint8_t) 0x03
#define SPI_XOFF (uint8_t) 0x04
#define SPI_ERR (uint8_t) 0x05
WizFi250 can be set just one interface (UART, SPI).
If you get the response “OK” from WizFi250 using SPI interface when you send AT command. WizFi250 is already set SPI interface.
3.0~3.6Voltage. typically 3.3V
wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … 50ds:start
You can refer to the following reference schematic.
wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … bsch:start
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello wizdaniel,
Thank you for your response.
Concerning question 4, I need to clarify some things first.
a . How do I set in first place the wizfi to be connected as SPI? Can I connect through air command and the send the appropriate command?
b. [quote]If you get the response “OK” from WizFi250 using SPI interface when you send AT command. WizFi250 is already set SPI interface.[/quote]
as far as I know I cannot send AT commands normally through wifi, so how will I get an “ok” response from wizfi? Or if you mean to connect via air command mode and then send AT+MSPI=2,0?
Concerning question 1 , I have measured the GPIO 14 pin and always is HIGH! Can you commend that please?
As I can see the GPIO pin 14 is the one located at the GPIO jumper?
Thank you,
Best Regards,
Andreas Achilleos
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello Wizdaniel
You have mentioned some HEX codes for controlling the SPI.
[quote]There is a list of SPI Control Code.
#define SPI_NULL (uint8_t) 0xF0
#define SPI_ESC (uint8_t) 0xF1
#define SPI_SYNC (uint8_t) 0x02
#define SPI_XON (uint8_t) 0x03
#define SPI_XOFF (uint8_t) 0x04
#define SPI_ERR (uint8_t) 0x05[/quote]
Do you have any datasheet for that?
Is there a description of what every command does?
AND more important, can you send me a typical command sequence of instructions to use in order to establish spi connection to MCU?
Thank you,
Best Regards,
Andreas Achilleos
RE: SPI connections
by wizdaniel ·
Hi Andreas Achilleos
Data will be saved in ringbuffer(2048byte).
Thanks.
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello,
Sorry to bother again but this cannot help me at all.
As I can see no datasheet and no instruction are available for communicating with Wizfi250 via SPI. You have sent me a link about some arduino files that I do not understand them! I am trying to connect a PIC 16F877A and NOT an arduino.
You are saying about spi registers and spi command that I should use to establish the communication but every time you are saying about something new, I really need to get on my hands a guide written from the manufacturers of the wizfi250. I need to know all the procedure and registers.
As I understand I can send AT commands through USB cable and connect the computer - i.e UART, with SPI how do I send AT commands adn receive a response?
[quote]>> SPI data Ready
GPIO 14 pin will be set the HIGH when data is ready to send.
Data will be saved in ringbuffer(2048byte).[/quote]
How do I access the ringbuffer? I mean what is the address of it?
If I need to send data to wizfi 250 will I need to write to a buffer on it? If yes then what is the address of it?
Any better clarification will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Best Regards,
Andreas Achilleos
RE: SPI connections
by wizdaniel ·
Hi.
We do not provide a detailed source code. We will just provide a guide for control methods.
You have to use AT command to control the WizFi250 via SPI or UART.
Thanks.
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello,
[quote]We do not provide a detailed source code. We will just provide a guide for control methods.
You have to use AT command to control the WizFi250 via SPI or UART.[/quote]
Can I use SPI to send data (not AT commands) to the wizfi through wifi from a mobile phone?
If yes, then will I just send the data from the mobile phone and the wizfi will transmit it through SPI to the MCU OR will I have to use the MCU to access a register on wizfi via SPI read command to access the received DATA from the mobile phone?
If I have to access a register in order to get that data then; I will have to know what is the address of that register.
2 . Is SPI only for AT commands?
Thank you,
Best Regards
RE: SPI connections
by wizdaniel ·
HI Andreas Achilleos.
The role of AT commands is to set up the status of WizFi250.
After setting(connect other terminal [ex: your mobile phone] using AT command set.), you can send the data through SPI(MISO).
If WizFi250 receive the data from another terminal. Data_ready_pin(GPIO14) will set HIGH. then, you just have to read MOSI pin.
There is no need to access a register.
Thanks.
Best Regards
daniel.
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello Daniel,
I appreciate your response, it helps a lot!
Best Regards,
Andreas Achilleos
RE: SPI connections
by soellicha ·
Hello Daniel,
You said: [quote]If WizFi250 receive the data from another terminal. Data_ready_pin(GPIO14) will set HIGH. then, you just have to read MOSI pin.[/quote]
So that means that wizfi will be set as MASTER? Or you mean I should read the MISO? Master In Slave Out
I have set the wizfi to communicate as SPI BUT even when I have android phone connected with it AND i SENT NO DATA the GPIO14 is always pulled high 3.2V do you know why? Is this supposed to be like that? I thought that only when data are available is pulled high
Thank you ,
Best Regards,
Andreas Achilleos