W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
by jckim ·
Hi,
As far as I know W5100 was not changed anything since 2010.
I mean we produce it as the same mask, FAB , test sequence, Package house and so on.
Anyway I will check the procuction flow again from our foundry FAB.
So I’d like to know the W5100 data code which is on the package about bad samples.
Thanks,
Wiznet.
RE: W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
by tmo ·
Hi,
thank you for the help. No, nothing was changed: Same boards, firmware, test environment. The part code from the problematic parts are POFK7-010-1244 (mayby PO P K7-010-1244, it is a little bit hard to read). After rework with PC202-010-1228 (from an old buy) everything is working fine. As I said , it looks like the TCP/IP engine is not working. Registers are setup correctly. I did a basic test with only setup the IP and subnet (read back after setup is ok). As I understand in this state the W5100 should reply to a ARP request and PING. Link is stable, sometime it flashes, when a packet is on the wire, but not responding to an ARP or PING.
regards
Thorsten
RE: W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
by jckim ·
Hi,
Where did you buy W5100 ?
You mean Data code 1244 does not work well, but Data code 1228 works well.
Am I right ?
Data code 1244 means those samples were produced 44th weeks in 2012.
I will check Data code 1244 samples and get back to you soon.
Thanks,
by WIZnet
RE: W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
by tmo ·
yes, you are right: 1228 is fine and 1244 has problems (not all parts, but approx. 60%). I bought these parts from my standard distributor here in germany, like the others, too…
A question from my side: Do you know any “external” circumstance which I can look for, which can lead to these problems: Link stable, correct register setup, but no response to ARP, PING and connection attempts?? (I checked the parts, the board (via’s and solder pads and joints), the clock, the supply (3.3V and 1.8V internal) etc.)…
regards
Thorsten
RE: W5100 ARP, PING and connection problems
by jckim ·
Hello,
Please make RMA and ship back those all failed samples.
Also we will inform this issue to our branch office in Germany.
When we get them, we will retest and find out what the problem is.
After that we will share with you when we figure out the problems.
I feel bad making you inconvenient.
Thanks,
JC Kim.
Just for your reference, 1244 lot was porduced 130K pcs and now out of stock in HQ.
This is the first time.