Choosing RJ45 with magnetics inside
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Choosing RJ45 with magnetics inside
by alexpescaru ·
I hate to push the issue, but someone from the technical department can answer this?
We are at the stage of designing the PCBs and we really need the answer to know how to proceed.
Many thanks in advance!
RE: Choosing RJ45 with magnetics inside
by alexpescaru ·
I’m sorry to find out that after almost a week, even if the Wiznet’s people/support visited and answered to other threads this one remains unanswered. Even if I kindly asked a response because we have thousands of equipments on the field that need to be updated and time is of the essence. And knowing all in the PCB’s design stage is critical.
Maybe it’s a stupid question but still… Maybe we made a wrong choice when we choose the Wiznet products…
Please, if it’s hard to answer with words, tick one of the below:
The same with the “socket.c bugs” thread…
For months the users/customers found out some bugs on the sources and told you. How hard and how much time did something like updating some source code could take, when the mistakes are clearly pointed out?
The community found out for you some problems, at least give something back to the community.
A product without good support is no product at all. We are working with other big Korean companies since 1997 and they were and are great from support point of view. Sorry to see that this is not the case…
Sorry, harsh words, but this is how this customer feels when he’s let down by the support team.
Thank you!
RE: Choosing RJ45 with magnetics inside
by jeongsk ·
I am really sorry.
I am W5500 hardware the person in charge. So I have to answer, but I couldn’t do it.
I’ve been missing in your question to continue. I’m a big fault.
Sorry about the late response.
The start point of the Transformer windings can be used without care.
A and B are being connected with a LAN connector and you have data sheets related to check it out.
And the question for the RF area makes no sense. Explain in detail?
Once again I apologize for being late with a question.
Thanks.
RE: Choosing RJ45 with magnetics inside
by alexpescaru ·
Thank you for the answer. I read it between the lines…
Regarding RF area: the pulses on the PHY output are at a frequency of 100-125 MHz for 100Mbps, right?
Question was: at that frequency, it’s important the start point of transformer windings or not?
For understanding better, which is the hardware configuration of PHY output? Push-pull or open collector?