MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by suhwan ·
Dear narcosis219,
W5100 appends FCS to the MACRAW packets automatically.
Thanks,
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by narcosis219 ·
[quote=“suhwan”]Dear narcosis219,
W5100 appends FCS to the MACRAW packets automatically.
Thanks,[/quote]
Hi suhwan,
If the W5100 does append FCS automatically, then how do I fix my issue?
If I send this packet to the switch, it reports CRC error. If I try to view the packet in Wireshark, on 1 laptop I can see the packet successfully, but on 2 other laptops I don’t see the packet at all. It looks like the CRC is not checking out. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by suhwan ·
Dear narcosis219,
Anyway, your system (included W5100) has the CRC Error.
If CRC of W5100 is uncorrect, you do not solve this problem.
However, we have not reported the CRC Error.
If the CRC of W5100 is correct, CRC error could be caused by hardware.
Would you explain your hardware(schemetic) and network in more detail?
Thanks,
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by narcosis219 ·
Hi suhwan,
I am using the Arduino Ethernet board:
arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardEthernet
Schematic and data can be found on there.
The code I am using is in my first message.
I am connecting the board directly into this switch: cisco.com/c/en/us/products/c … 09864.html It reports CRC errors.
I am also connecting the board directly into the Ethernet port of Laptops. The Laptops are running Wireshark, but only 1 laptop can successfully receive the LLDP packets. The others do not see the packet.
When I use UDP communication, there is no issue, but when I try to do LLDP with MACRAW, there are CRC errors.
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by suhwan ·
Hi narcosis219,
Thank you for your explanation.
It is used same algorithm for Ethernet CRC32 in UDP and MACRAW mode.
If CRC algorithm in W5100 was uncorrect, it is happened same CRC errors in UDP mode.
We don’t know whether or not the CRC32 is not support in LLDP.
Your code is verified.
Please, check the setting of peer(switch or others laptop).
ex.) When Laptop is connected PoE swtich, send LLDP packets by using LLDP packet generator.
Thanks,
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by narcosis219 ·
[quote=“suhwan”]Hi narcosis219,
Please, check the setting of peer(switch or others laptop).
ex.) When Laptop is connected PoE swtich, send LLDP packets by using LLDP packet generator.
[/quote]
Hi suhwan,
I have connected other computers and devices (Cisco IP Phone cisco.com/c/en/us/products/c … index.html) to the PoE Switch. All of them successfully communicate with LLDP.
I have used LLDP packet generators and can successfully talk to the PoE Switch. Only the Arduino reports CRC errors.
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by narcosis219 ·
Hi suhwan,
I noticed that on the Switch I forced 10BASE-T, then I no longer get CRC errors. Does this make sense?
RE: MACRAW for LLDP Packets?
by suhwan ·
Hi narcosis219,
The algorithm of Ethernet CRC32 is same in 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T.
We think that it is easy to effect noise in hardware when frequency is high (100BASE-T).
Would you check whether or not CRC errors are happened when board (w/ PoE) is connected normal switch (not PoE switch)?
Would you check whether or not CRC errors are happened when board (w/o PoE) is connected normal switch (not PoE switch)?
Thanks,