First contact to AP
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: First contact to AP
by ssekim ·
Hello Nils
Yes, as you said, you should use and command to recognize a new AP.
And these are equal to things in web page.
RE: First contact to AP
by nils333 ·
What exactly does the DI command return to me ?
Is it a complete list of all existing APs in range of the module ?
Let’s imagine the following situation:
I have got one AP, which is already known to my module. Now there is another new AP in range coming up and I want to connect to it. So I perform the DI command as a kind of search, offer my customer a choice in a list, and after selection, let’s say for the new AP, I perform GI command, is this correct ?
So it might be better to offer the customer a manual search button.
So, if now both APs are known to the module and I want to switch back to the first AP, do I have to perform another GI command or is it sufficient to simply change the SSID for the AP in the multibridge parameter setting (because my module runs in AP client multibridge mode)?
How ‘resistent’ is the APs entry in memory of the WizNet module ? I experienced that, once the AP is known to the module, even a power up or a reset to factory defaults cannot erase the AP entry in the module. Is this also correct ?
After some tests I experienced from testing on the configuration web page, that connection to an AP without using DI and GI commands is possible, if the BSSID of the AP is known and directly applied to the connections configuration.
Question:
What is the serial command in order to apply a AP connection BSSID to the module ?
RE: First contact to AP
by kaizen ·
Hi
I think you are misunderstood.
Did you use AP-Client mode?
In AP-Client mode, you have to use and command in order to connect to other AP.
In AP-Client mode, command is set WizFi630’s SSID.
And this is answer about your 2nd question.
WizFi630 can be saved information without command. But I don’t understand that WizFi630 could not erase setting information after factory reset.
RE: First contact to AP
by nils333 ·
Ah right, I understand.
with regards to the second question:
It seemed to me, that even after reset to factory default, the WizFi630 module still seem to know about existance of the former connected AP even without performing another connect after the factory default.
By the way, which information is exchanged between module and AP during the command ?
I try to understand under which conditions I need to call the PU command. If I understand right, this command is only required once for the first time I want to connect to a formerly unknown AP ? Is this assumption correct ?
RE: First contact to AP
by kaizen ·
Hi
In my test environment, All WizFi630’s setting value are changed after factory reset as well command.
This is my test result. Could you find different you and me?
You can check security value via web browser.
And than issue command. command is Factory Reset command.
And you can see security value which is changed via web browser.
About your second question.
It is not right. command is not only required once for the first time.