Wiz107SR garbage data (RS232) {SOLVED}
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Wiz107SR garbage data (RS232) {SOLVED}
by rikotech ·
Thank you for reply!
The purpose I use it is exactly to debug my serial connection, hence I was able to see it doesnt work. Nonetheless I unchecked the debug message, afterward I sent/received a single character data trough Device Terminal Program 1.0 and I still get corrupted data.
RE: Wiz107SR garbage data (RS232) {SOLVED}
by rikotech ·
Thank you midnightcow!
I tried what you suggested. The result was [quote]LGSEG:CONNECTED[/quote]. Ok, so the device seems to work well in “stand alone mode”.
Then where am I wrong? I am pretty much sure it is on BAUD rate. Anyway, this is my test scheme:
I am waiting for my oscilloscope to return from the service so I can determine tha actual BAUD rate.
A question is if the WIZ107SR serial port is TTL or RS232?
If the data being transmited is inverted or not?
Dont get me wrong, I have read the datasheet, but I have no idea what might be wrong in this case.
RE: Wiz107SR garbage data (RS232) {SOLVED}
by irina WIZnet ·
WIZ107SR was released ‘TTL’ and ‘RS-232’ version both.
if you can find U2 ‘RS-232 transceiver’ (refer to WIZ107SR partlist) on your module, you have WIZ107SR RS-232 version and if not, it’s TTL version.
(Please check your board revision first. before revision 1.1 was released RS-232 version only.)
WIZ107SR RS-232 version is no need to use ‘TTL - RS-232 transceiver’ (like MAX3232).
if you want to use DB-9 port, please connect the port directly on the module.
RE: Wiz107SR garbage data (RS232) {SOLVED}
by rikotech ·
Thank you so much Guys!
Yes it has!
The problem was I put MAX3232 after the module which has already such.
Now everything work perfect.
Thank you again!