Strange ping/connectivity problem
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Strange ping/connectivity problem
by rm69 ·
I have also posted this at tomshardware.com/answers/id- … issue.html since the answers from wiznet are generally late, if at all I get them. Got one reply from Tomshardware.com. He suggested that the issue could be arp poisoning. Is there any reason why a similar device (non wiznet serial-ethernet device) with same MAC and IP doesn’t get affected? wiznet ping reply is hardware processed, and does this have something to do with the issues?
RE: Strange ping/connectivity problem
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi, rm69.
So, I recommend to use DHCP, and WIZ200WEB has W5300 and DHCP sample code.
[url]http://www.wiznet.co.kr/UpLoad_Files/ReferenceFiles/WIZ200WEB_FW_V140.zip[/url]
Try to test with this code and reply again please.
Best regards.
RE: Strange ping/connectivity problem
by rm69 ·
Thanks, hjjeon0608 for the reply. Please go through the comments and advice.
Actually, I have mentioned that the devices from same network cannot ping wiznet. (ie: if wiznet address is 192.168.1.5 then 192.168.1.x devices are not able to ping. That was the quesiton!). I do not require DHCP at all. static ip address onlyis required. But, when wiznet device is connected to a specific network, ping works only once. When I posted this in Tom’s hardware.com. I got the response that, this could be because of arp poisoning. Please check my link. Wiznet mac address is in such a network is somehow being changed.
I have tested wiznet using a couple of different makes of switches of speed 10/100/1000, and it works fine. But I have found some laptops with 10/100/1000 not working. I needed to confirm that, wiznet can work in all 10/100/1000 environments. Speed would be 100 mbps, but what is important is to be able to connect and establish 100 mpps speed without errors.
RE: Strange ping/connectivity problem
by rm69 ·
Thank you for the reply.
2 I understand that you cannot guarantee connection with all the devices. But I can see that, it would connect with normal 10/100/1000 ports, and that would be quite sufficient for all purposes. I was merely asking if there are any documented incompatibilities with auto-negotiation with 10/100/1000, and if there is anything specific that we should be aware of.
Thanking you again. We feel supported and re-assured when questions are answered, or replied to.
RE: Strange ping/connectivity problem
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi, rm69.
I contemplated about No.1 problem.
I think arp table of router or switch is changed because there are same IP.
So first, W5300’s MAC address is written at ARP table and then another device send ARP packet so MAC address could be changed. And it is looked like ARP poison.
The network are very large so it could be happened.
But I still wonder why ping still works with other device(e.g. laptop).
You may believe W5300 has problem, but the product is launched long time ago and it does not have such problem.
And packet sent by W5300 is standard so I recommend to use like dummy hub for capturing ping packet between A network and B network.
If you can, it help to solve the problem a lot.
Best regards.