Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
by Eugeny ·
Just now tried on W5100 - and ping says the same for data sizes more than 119. Decrease size of the data to 32 or 64.
RE: Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
by amrsato ·
Thanks!
But I’ve already tried that… The problem is: I have a product wich uses a Texas chip and works perfectly and we are having problems with wiznet. In order to investigate what is going on, this scenario came up. I’m trying to correct that to move on with my tests.
Do you know if there is any parameter to configure? Have you ever heard about that?
Again, thanks!
RE: RE: Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
by Eugeny ·
Not clear what your problem is - problem that you use TI chip, or that you use WIZnet?
Correct what?
Parameter for what?
About ping packet size restriction? No, never tried it, and thanks for pointing to it, now I know. Actually ping is not used to carry useful data in it, and I think I am happy with 32 or 64 byte packets. If I will need pings of larger size, I would implement it through IPRAW.
RE: Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
by amrsato ·
We have a obsolete product that used to work perfectly with Texas chip. But we changed it for a new design that uses Wiznet + Atmel M0. We use ModBus-TCP protocol and the new product was working as expected for years.
However, In this particular application, new product doesn’t work and I’m investigating why. Firmware seems to be OK and, after all tests, this ping divergence appeared.
There is one obsolete product’s firmware version that doesn’t work either with this application and presents the same result to ping comand. This is very strange.
Honestly, I’m a little skeptical that this is the problem but it is a difference between products and this weird coincidence makes me curious.
I’m trying to find out if there is any parameter to configure on wiznet that allows bigger sizes on this command (ping IP -t -l 1048), if it is possible.
RE: Problem with ping and wiznet W5500
by Eugeny ·
I do not think you will find it as datasheet does not document it.
It is still unclear which problem you have. How it does not work? What Wireshark shows? It may be an issue at another end of the connection, not necessarily Wiznet’s issue.