wiz830MJ stops working after some time
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
It seems there was no contact in my self-made cable…
)
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by jbkim ·
Sometimes small thing make problem.
Anyway it’s good to hear that you find the cause of the problem.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
But I’ve faced another problem: module doesn’t work every time when I start host processor programme (I use Altera’s Nios2). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Simple modification of the programme (for example, adding of 1 printf(regN_value) operator - for debugging purpose) could lead to fail. Then I can make 1 more modification and module works OK. Sometimes module gets to “socket listen” mode, but ping command doesn’t work and printf(IP_reg) shows 0!!! It seems that in that case IP address isn’t written correctly. In another situation module doesn’t go into SOCKET_LISTEN mode. But sometimes everything works right: I achieved data speed more than 20 Mbits/s in each direction. I’ve checked address bus, data bus, СS, WR, RD, but haven’t seen any problem with them.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by jbkim ·
Do you have working module and have a problem with specific module?
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
I’ve got two modules, both of them work the way I posted above. I guess, at least one problem could be with writing process (from time to time IP register doesn’t contain right IP address). In my system data appear on the tristate bus before wr and cs signals go low (Altera’s tristate controller works this way). Is it correct or not? Does datasheet mean that data must be on the bus no earlier than tDATAs?
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
As regard to write timing, WR and CS goes low at the same moment, WR stays low for 70 ns, CS stays low for 90 ns. WDF[2…0]=0, so data sample is taken 7 ns later from the moment when wr/cs are deasserted. Also I’ve tried WDF=3 but didn’t see any difference.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by jbkim ·
Can you check the timing with oscilloscope?
If yes, it’ll be helpful for us to resolve the problem.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
Yes, I’ve checked timings, they look OK.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by jbkim ·
Please send the timing to us then we’ll check it.
RE: wiz830MJ stops working after some time
by Sergey ·
We are having Christmas holidays till 9th of January, so I’m not at work now. I’ll send timings later. How to do it? Is there a tool for that on this site?