[From QnA] Not connecting to Wiz1000
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [From QnA] Not connecting to Wiz1000
by ywkwon ·
Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in WIZ1000.
1> When you cannot find WIZ1000, please follow below steps:
1>>Check whether the LAN LINK led is ON.
2>> Press reset button and find ii again after the reset
3>> Could you see any message in the serial hyper terminal?
4>> After 1~3, if you still could not find WIZ1000, please contact with your local distributor and apply RMA immediately. Our WIZnet Europe branch will try to analyze the reason and repairt it.
2>Actually, I cannot capture your point here. What do you mean by “I see no mention of any com ports”?

WIZ1000 is a serial-to-ethernet product. You can connect your RS232-level’s serial device with WIZ1000 directly.
Thanks.
WIZnet
RE: [From QnA] Not connecting to Wiz1000
by ywkwon ·
Thanks for your answer.
The device has already been reset, it IS on - I have lights in power, Link, and ACT is flashing, and I’m able to detect that a unit is sitting on the IP 192.168.11.2 with a portscanner.
But the device is not answering to a search from the configuration tool.
2nd) If I am to use the device plugged in to the serial gateway, I was expecting that the serial server would expose a COM port so I could use the original device. Perhaps It is the wrong product I have obtained…I need an “Ethernet-extension-cord” for my RS232 device, as my computer is not in the same building as my device.
So normally my software will find a device on “COM2” when I plug serial cable into the computer, but now, I was expecting to start up a service that would transform Ethernet signals to COM port signals.
Do I have to write such “COM-Emulator software” myself?
RE: [From QnA] Not connecting to Wiz1000
by ywkwon ·
Hello,
1> Configtool is using UDP broadcasting to search WIZ1000, so your PC must be in the same subnet with WIZ1000. Please check whether your PC is set as 192.168.11.*** and subnet is 255.255.255.0
2> You should download WIZVSP or other virtual serial port software to meet the requirements of your application.
If you want to get WIZVSP, please contact to sales@wiznet.co.kr
Thanks.
WIZnet