Please review my PCB
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Please review my PCB
by Alan WIZnet ·
PMODE allows you to set the speed you want to communicate. Currently, it’s floating
RE: RE: Please review my PCB
by munderwoods ·
OK, I read more and updated this. I’m leaving the pulldowns unpopulated which I believe will give me, “All capable, Auto-negotiation enabled”, which will be fine for the esp32. Sound right?
RE: Please review my PCB
by Alan WIZnet ·
Is the brown GND?
GND should not be placed around the Ethernet connector.
RE: Please review my PCB
by munderwoods ·
Thanks so much!
So can the green 3V3 is fine where it is running under the edge of the rj45 or is it safer to just run traces under there?
I actully based this circuit partially off of this common W5500 module I pulled apart which appears to have them floating. I’ll connect them to ground since it seems like 10BT half-duplex is probably fine for the esp32 I’m using.
RE: Please review my PCB
by munderwoods ·
Revised
RE: Please review my PCB
by munderwoods ·
Am I actually supposed to do something like this for PMODE? If so, I must be missing that in the documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction?
RE: Please review my PCB
by Alan WIZnet ·
Yes, that’s right. Exactly