W5500 - can't open socket
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 - can't open socket
by Eugeny ·
Would it be better to perform software reset and only then try reading the chip ID? I do not think it is much difference, but I would prefer this way.
Good question. Did you set up source MAC address, proper source IP address and mask? Anything in gateway address?
Datasheet does not say it will return back to 1 automatically. It says this bit must be set to 1 after setting it to 0 (for proper PHY operation).
RE: RE: W5500 - can't open socket
by NeoProg ·
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, i tried open socket after setup in src IP, mask, gateway and mac address correct values. Ping tool is working and W5500 asnwer on ping requests but socket doesn’t open. I try again and return with results.
I want to get IP & mask using DHCP. W5500 does not working with default src IP, mask, gateway (0x0000)?
RE: W5500 - can't open socket
by Eugeny ·
Sounds like workflow problem. And you are right, MAC address must be sufficient.
Can you please set port number after setting Sn_MR to 2?
RE: W5500 - can't open socket
by NeoProg ·
Sorry, problem was in broken wires for demo board power supply. After resplace wires W5500 work correctly and i can open socket! I should have checked power using oscilloscope before search problem in code. I did school mistake again
Thanks for help, Eugeny. Have a nice day.