Firmware W6100-evb-pico
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Firmware W6100-evb-pico
by scarlet ·
@Katrin
Hello, this is WIZnet.
Are you looking for a firmware compatible with MicroPython?
The firmware for the W5500 and the W6100 is slightly different…Unfortunately, the W6100 does not currently support MicroPython firmware. We will strive to make it available as soon as possible.
RE: RE: Firmware W6100-evb-pico
by Katrin ·
Yes, it’s for a bigger project and I had prewritten most of the functionality in micropython. It did come with firmware for micropython, I assume I wouldn’t have been able to run any code otherwise.
I could compile it myself if there’s an “idiot proof” tutorial, as I haven’t tried that before
RE: Firmware W6100-evb-pico
by scarlet ·
Did you happen to use the WIZNET5K module as a reference? That firmware is only applicable to the W5x00 series. The code in question uses the iolibraries, but this library cannot be used with the W6100. The W6100 uses the io6Library, and there is no provided MicroPython firmware that refers to this library.
Could you please let me know where you obtained the firmware if it is a different one?
RE: Firmware W6100-evb-pico
by Katrin ·
All I know is that I bought the w6100-evb-pico, which Picotool and Thonny recognized as w6100-evb-pico. And it worked until it didn’t, running test code, after which I ended up where I am now
I had no success compiling the rp2040-v6-hat-c, and tbh I don’t know if it’s the right place to look, can’t run anything on it right now though. It lacked cmakelists instructions for making the elf2uf2 thing if I understood it correctly, tried editing a bit but didn’t figure it out.
As stated I have no previous experience doing this so maybe I’m overlooking something but I wouldn’t know. I don’t have any firmware except the one that was preloaded, which I guess I don’t have anymore.
RE: Firmware W6100-evb-pico
by scarlet ·
The rp2040-v6-hat-c code is for C language and not compatible with MicroPython. What I can help with: