TX Buffer Jam
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: TX Buffer Jam
by Eugeny ·
Sounds weird, but I suspect such weird things can be caused by the subtle small issues in the code and in the timing. While I am not familiar with W5300, let me give several suggestions, related to the process.
check SENDOK: Sn_IR requires interrupt bits to be reset. Do you reset this bit after you noticed it set?
write S0_CR: before going checking SSR, read Sn_CR in loop until it reads as 0 (command accepted).
RE: RE: TX Buffer Jam
by Eliot ·
Hello Eugeny,
thank you for your answer.
Yes, I do.
I have not yet checked the command register and have implemented your suggestion.
But the strange behaviour unfortunately persists.
The analyzer shows that the command register is set to 0 immediately after writing.
RE: TX Buffer Jam
by Eugeny ·
Look at the page 98 of the datasheet for notice. While it does not relate to your case, I see that in your packet log the w5300 window size is 8190, this means there’re 2 bytes waiting to be received in the RX buffer. Try adding small process into your workflow reading data from the RX buffer as it arrives and see if it will change anything.
RE: TX Buffer Jam
by Eliot ·
Hello Eugeny,
sorry for my late feedback. I’m very absorbed by an other problem at the moment. I will try the reading routine and report back here with the result. Thank you very much for your careful observation and your suggestion!
However, I don’t quite understand how a missing read can contribute to the fact that the TX buffer cannot contain more than 16 data packets. RX and TX buffers are separate, aren’t they?
Is there a connection that I don’t understand?
RE: TX Buffer Jam
by Eugeny ·
You are right, I also have no clue what is going on, suspecting that W5300 is long live product and there would be such an issue it would be reported to date (e.g. in errata sheet), otherwise we have some issue in configuration or algorithms and I am searching for anomalies to get a clue on what is going on.