PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
by Eugeny ·
Correct for TCP.
What is the difference with reference circuit diagram? Post your circuit diagram here.
Does it show link LED when cable is connected?
RE: PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
by Fedir Katushonok ·
@Eugeny Thank you for your reply!
I would able to post schematic a little bit later, but as I’ve noticed, by some reason we use 8MHz clock for XI instead of 25MHz as described in datasheet, so, I’ll try to replace it, may be this is a problem
Regarding link led: it is constantly Green. (only if I’m resetting PHY it goes completely dark)
RE: RE: PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
by Eugeny ·
I suspect you will get it working very soon
RE: PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
by Fedir Katushonok ·
Hello!
Thank you for your suggestion, the problem was exactly with the resonator. For some reason, our testing board was designed with 8MHz resonator, thus it seems that it was sufficient for bacis registers I/O, but not enough for communicating via Ethernet. After changing 8MHz resonator to 25 MHz (± 30 ppm, 18 pF), everything just started to work as expected!
I don’t know, if I should delete this topic or not (as this was just a design problem), but it is completely resolved, thank you again
RE: PHY is constantly in reset state after reset
by Eugeny ·
No you should not. Now we definitely know that if digital part works, it does not mean crystal clocking frequency is correct. That this frequency does not much matter for digital part, but vital for analog/PHY part.