Which product would suit my project?
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Which product would suit my project?
by Matthew ·
You can use Serial to Ethernet TTL or UART level.
RE: RE: Which product would suit my project?
by B Vincent ·
Hi Matthew,
Can you recommend some part numbers for this?
RE: Which product would suit my project?
by Matthew ·
Sorry for late reply
How about WIZ505SR-RP?
docs link: WIZ505SR-RP - (주)위즈네트 (wiznetshop.co.kr)
RE: Which product would suit my project?
by B Vincent ·
Hello,
I just received my WIZ505SR-RP.
In data-sheet here: Datasheet | WIZnet Document System
JUMPER J2 pins 2 and 4 are both VCC & pins 11 & 12 are GND.
pins 2 and 4 ========> connected to 3.3v
pins 11 and 12 ======> connected to GND
Above 3.3v source is taken from my main board.
WIZ505SR-RP ======> MYBOARD wire connections
pin 3(UART1-RX) =====> UART1 - TX
pin 7(UART1-TX) =====> UART1 - RX
This is my setup:
MYBOARD<===UART==> WIZ505SR-RP <==ETHERNET==> |PC|
Now, I did NOT update/change the firmware in WIZ505SR-RP. With the default settings on the WIZ505SR-RP, how can I see the text on my PC?
RE: RE: Which product would suit my project?
by Matthew ·
Hello, You can check debug data use UART0(J1)
and
I think, you should test first with the steps below.
Your PC <===USB to UART ===>WIZ505SR-RP <===ETHERNET===> Your PC
And you may want to refer to the link below.
Getting Started | WIZnet Document System
RE: Which product would suit my project?
by B Vincent ·
Hi,
The getting started pre-requisite needs * WIZ500/505SR-RP-EVB. I dont have a EVB. I just need to know if there is default firmware in the WIZ505SR-RP module and what are the ip settings in the default firmware so that I can connect to the ethernet through putty.