W5200 not for new design, now what ?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by louis ·
Hi, nice to meet you.
I’m glad that you’re using W5200 well.
Many customers purchase the W5500 from WIZnet. I recommend that.
Thank you
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by oz2cpu ·
thanks a lot for getting back Louis.
BUT the W5500 is impossible to purchase, no stock anywhere, how to solve that ?
we can no design in a new product that is impossible to purchase.
also the W5200 is only 7x7mm, i really need small size,
the W5500 is 9x9mm (11x11 mm including footprint)
any one else who migrated from W5200 to W5500 ?
how much software did you need to rewrite ?
(I am not the sw dude, but the hardware designer, so all i need is to connected it correctly)
RE: RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by louis ·
Hello, we are currently selling W5500 at WIZnet Shop. Please connect to the link below and purchase it.
Also, it is difficult to migrate from W5200 to W5500.
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by Joe.Leiber ·
Hello,
I have to make a design update for one board and I search the easyest solution for replace the W5200. Did you think that the w5500 is the better solution?
You say that it’s difficult to migrate from W5200 to W5500 but why?
Do you have an other solution?
Best regards,
Joe
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by Eugeny ·
For those who know W5500 and W5200 it is not difficult.
Look here. You must be guided by the requirements. Chips are similar, but a little different. And “best” usage depends on what you need from the device/circuit.
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by Joe.Leiber ·
I’m sorry to bother you again… I have tried my new design with the w5500 but it seem’s to ba a problem with the spi. Since I have used the w5500 the spi don’t work any more.
I search a lot about the differences between w5200 and w5500 spi but i can’t find something can you help me please?
RE: W5200 not for new design, now what ?
by Eugeny ·
SPI commands are very well explained in the W5500 datasheet.