Problems with io6Library
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problems with io6Library
by taylor ·
Hello,
The CW_GET_ID means static strings of
_WIZCHIP_ID_defined in wizchip_config.h.There are examples of W6100EVB. This is Loopback one of W6100 examples.
Thank you.
RE: Problems with io6Library
by phischl ·
Thanks taylor for your reply.
I included the wizchip_conf.h but I can’t see any SPI activity on the SPI pins.
Thanks for the link, I will try one of the examples.
RE: Problems with io6Library
by phischl ·
Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get the loopback example to run.
The output in the terminal looks like this:
I copied everything from the main file into my main.c file and also the function calls:
I attached some screenshots of the SPI communication, does this look right?
Thanks for your help.
RE: Problems with io6Library
by phischl ·
The output in my serial monitor looks like this:

I am not sure why the IP address can’t be set.
Does someone know where the problem is or point me in the right direction?
Thank you!
RE: Problems with io6Library
by phischl ·
I found the problem:
I am using a 16bit MCU while the library is written for a 32bit MCU.
In the w6100.h file I had to add some type casting for the address registers:
#define SIPR (W6100_IO_BASE + ( (uint32_t) 0x4138 << 8) + WIZCHIP_CREG_BLOCK)
Now I can read out chip ID, network parameters and also the loopback example works.