W5500 returning data byte zero always
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by irina WIZnet ·
I think you are doing a write operation, not a read operation.
If you only want to read 1byte of version register, this value is 00 39 00 00.
Change the value and try again.
RE: RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by Elie Assaf ·
Hello Kim
Thanks for your reply.
In fact, this 01 byte corresponds to the Control byte, for which the 2 LSBs are the OM(VDM or FDM), and not the R/W bit. Anyway, I tried to do it with VDM (OM=0), and got the same result:
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by Elie Assaf ·
I still don’t have any interpretation.
I tried all R/Ws on all registers, FDM and VDM, and I never have any data. I’m not sure the chip is interpreting well my control.
Anyway, I noticed now that on the MISO line, at the end of a test, I see some flipping, that is not continuous, of a frequency of 25MHz, before the line settles from 0 to 1.
Also, in VDM, I’m seeing that the chip resends the 010203 bytes on MISO after each 4 data bytes. Does this signify
anything?
These screenshots show the toggling at the end of a test
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by irina WIZnet ·
The value mean a per-phase byte numbering and does not affect the system.
01 : Address phase(high -Address )
02 :Address phase( low - address)
03 : control phase
Isn’t the MISO line connected elsewhere?
It’s also hard for me to figure out what the cause…
I will try to fine the cause,too
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by Elie Assaf ·
I see, we suggested what you said.
I don’t know about the MISO, the W5500 is implemented on a board with other components.
We suggested it might be a clock issue, maybe caused by the external 25MHz clock, affecting the registers.
I stopped working on W5500 now and bought a W6100 and started working on it.
Thank you.
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by irina WIZnet ·
Does the same problem appear on the W6100?
RE: W5500 returning data byte zero always
by Elie Assaf ·
No. W6100 is working perfectly, except that I can’t write on the MSSR, that’s the only register that’s unwritable, and I still don’t know why.
If you have any idea it would be great:
Thanks.