W5500 version returning 0
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 version returning 0
by Eugeny ·
When CS is high, MISO is expected to be Hi-Z. How it happens that for you it is low? Is it real measurement or simulation?
RE: W5500 version returning 0
by bno ·
My guess is, that my logic analyzer does not catch high impedance state. This is not simulation, all wires are attached to circuit.
RE: RE: W5500 version returning 0
by Eugeny ·
Ok, you seem to do things properly, but for some reason there’s 0 in the data phase.
I am searching through datasheet, can not find it saying that W5500 must return 0x01, 0x02, and 0x03 on MISO line. I am sure it is somewhere in there.
W5100 datasheet has respective pic about it, but that chip return 0x00, 0x01, 0x02.
Idea: don’t you accidentally drive MISO low with MCU during read operation? The only reason I see could be defective W5500, or something concurrently puts 0x00 onto the line.
RE: W5500 version returning 0
by bno ·
Well, I plugged in another SPI driven module to my ESP32 devkit and everything works just fine. I soldered another PCB for W5500 and it works, I get 0x04 as version, on logic analyzer I can clearly see all sequence on MISO (0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04). Probably first W5500 is broken, but this is quite weird that first three bytes are ok and the fourth one is missing. Is it common with W5500?
RE: W5500 version returning 0
by Eugeny ·
No, but if you solder by hand you must be very careful not to overheat the device.