W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Well, I made it…
I can get the file ok, very easy, I must say… Lot easier than I thought…
Thanks for participating and support…
Dan …
RE: RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by Vien Huy Nguyen ·
Hi Dan,
Could you share the solution? Thank you.
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Hi, that was long ago. Please remind me the subject and what you want to achieve…
Regards
Dan
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Do you mean reading file text from server?
If so I have to return to the code and share the relevant part.
Dan
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Do you have any experience with the WZ5500? do u work with it some how?
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Well, I read your post about your problem. My code is to get a HEX file from my server which is used to update firmware of the host controller. This is about 50k bytes in size. I don’t yet understand your post stucture and the problems that you are facing with it…
Dan
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by Vien Huy Nguyen ·
Hi Dan,
Thank you for replying.
I wanted to receive a large file send to the W5500 by the mean of a HTTP POST request.
Did you modify the WIZnet’s httpServer library or did you write your own code from scratch to achieve your tasks?
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Hi, i have not changed any thing in libraries. My server knew to get a request to send a file which was uploaded to it in advance. The code send to sever a request message (my own protocol) and get into receiving loop in which it get file (about 50K bytes) in several reading interactions to a local memory.
I can organize the relevant code and send it to you but it will take one or two days…
Is that ok?
Dan
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by cellkey ·
Hi, Attaching ZIP with few files for your inspection. The C file has the main proc RxUpdateFile which do the job. Try to understand the mechanism and if you still have questions ask me.
I added my own receiving proc to socket.c file.
Good luck
Dan
WZ5500_LAN_FileReceiv.ZIP (33.8 KB)
RE: W5500 client-How to handle receiving large file
by Vien Huy Nguyen ·
Thanks Dan. I really appreciate it.